Friday, March 28, 2008

Ryan's Week

Our little Ryan has been a walking disaster this week. He fell earlier this week on his face and was bleeding everywhere. After a trip to the dentist and many tears (mainly by mom) we found out he is just fine - he just cut his gums. The following day he tripped and reinjured his gums and then later walked into the wall and then later into a door jam. Today he must have tripped, bonked his head or tumbled off or into something at least 5 times. I told Jesse that I think I just need to hold him to keep him safe. I'm thinking he has just gotten over confident walking, so he runs instead and biffs it. He is so busy and always looking for something new to investigate or climb on. He pulls all of my utensils out of the drawer daily and loves carrying around his toothbrush and pulling over the shoe racks in our closet. He has started throwing big fits too. He'll give a really mean look and squint his eyes when he doesn't get his way and then run and fall on the ground and cry. We secretly laugh but it won't be funny much longer. I love this age when they start testing boundaries and figuring themselves out - but it can get really frustrating too. Ryan loves popsicles and will stand in the kitchen and yell "mom" until I come and help him into the freezer. I can't believe our baby is growing up so fast, but he is such fun and keeps me
busy, busy!

Morgan at work again....

3 comments:

Cathie said...

That picture is hilarious...and reminds me of what Tiff used to do to Mark. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree! Ryan will hate that picture someday.

Just Tera said...

That is the funniest picture!
Sorry about the bumps and bruises.

Rachel Hudgins said...

That is the BEST picture ever! Morgan is so cute for dressing him up with a tutu! I love it! I am thinking some foam rubber padding on every surface may be a good investment for the next year :) Poor guy...he's developing his tough skills.