Monday, October 13, 2008

Tyler's Baptism

I'm still in shock that my baby is "8" and is old enough to be baptized! Despite my desperate pleas with Tyler to stay little, he has grown into a independent big boy and he chose to be baptized on Saturday morning. It was a wonderful day and we are so proud of him! Tyler could hardly wait for the baptism to begin. It was special to him that his Daddy was going to baptize him and in the same church & font that Jesse was baptized in 8 years ago! Tyler has always been tender and felt the spirit easily and was a bit overwhelmed and emotional after his confirmation. He shared with me that he really just felt emotional in the moment and understood the importance of what he was doing. The kid is wise beyond his years and I think he is destined for great things. I shared a short talk with the crowd and Grandpa Jerry gave the closing prayer. We had lots of family & friends there to support Tyler and we are so thankful for that. After the baptism we met the family & some friends at our house for lunch. It was a day we'll never forget!

Friends from church brought over a special CTR towel for Tyler to use at his baptism. He was excited to get it and it was very thoughtful...thank you Kathryn & Dave.







A special frame for pictures of Tyler's special day given to him by his
Aunt Darcy, Uncle Jason and cousins Ariel & Hanna.
Ty was proud of his new scriptures with his name of them from Mom & Dad. He also was excited about his camo scripture bag and tie tack from Morgan & Ryan and a hymn book with his name engraved on it from Grandma Cathie & Grandpa Jerry and a red CTR tie from Grandma Lil.

Tyler is so lucky to have so many people that love and care for him! Thank you to everyone that came to support him on this special day.

5 comments:

Just Tera said...

Oh I didn't realize he was getting baptized this weekend. Congrats Tyler. What a sweet spirit he has.

Gillian said...

Congratulations to him! What a special day! :)

Cathie said...

This day was really wonderful. Tyler's spirit and the feeling in the meeting was so touching and inspiring. I am so glad I was there and I won't forget it ever. Having most of the family there from both sides was great and I know it meant so much to Ty. (p.s. your talk was terrific, Tiff)

Rachel Hudgins said...

Thanks for inviting us to share this special day with you. Hope you don't mind, I took a pic of Tyler and put it on my post.

Rebecca Parker said...

sorry to have missed tyler's baptism! i marked it on the calendar but was right about still being in the hospital with baby luke! congratulate him for us & hopefully we can get together soon...