Monday, September 15, 2008

Walk Along the River

Sunday afternoon was warm & beautiful - Mount Rainier looked like it was right in our backyard. We went down to the Puyallup River and walked along a serene tree-lined trail. The kids rode their scooters and Jesse and I enjoyed the sun & sound of the river.


We walked down to the rivers edge and the kids enjoyed throwing rocks in the water and exploring. I'm sure all the fishermen loved that!
We saw lots of ripe blackberries and Morgan helped me pick a "capful"...thanks for sacrificing your hat Tyler! I'm still in trouble for the blackberry juice that I got in his hat.


We're going to enjoy this weather as long as possible before we are locked up inside for another cold and rainy Fall.

4 comments:

Just Tera said...

Oh my goodness. This posts makes me so homesick. What beauty is all around, enjoy some of it for me!

Cathie said...

What a pretty day and great outing for a Sunday afternoon. Love the pictures, especially of Tyler leaning against the tree...and the blackberries.

Baker said...

These are the memories we'll treasure most, I think. Simple afternoons enjoying nature with our families.
And this won't be the first time Tyler makes a sacrifice for the girls in his life :)

Gillian said...

We've had the best weather lately, haven't we? So nice. I'm really gonna miss those Mt. Rainier views when I'm gone. :(