Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tyler the Poet

Morgan, her cousin, Hanna and I attended Tyler's Coffeehouse Poetry Presentation at school this afternoon. I'm not quite sure why they call it that other than the fact that they served coffee, hot chocolate and cookies afterwards??? Tyler's class has been learning about different kinds of poetry and they each wrote three poems to share. They've been practicing for a week and had an audience of almost 70 people today to watch them read their poetry. Their buddies from Ballou Junior High were even in attendance. Each kid in Tyler's class worked on writing a book this year with a junior high student, so it was really nice for their buddy to come and support them. Tyler did awesome when he read his poems. He was confident, spoke loud and clearly and I was a proud Mom! Great job Ty!!!

Tyler and his Ballou buddy, Dillion

1 comments:

Cathie said...

GREAT JOB, Ty. I really liked your poems. The Opposite Poem was funny. I didn't even know you had a Ballou buddy named Dillon. What is he like? It was really nice for him to come today. You have had an amazing year in 1st grade and now you're almost a 2nd Grader!