Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Christmas Tree Hunt

For as long as I can remember we have used an artificial Christmas tree, so last year I told the kids we were going to start a new tradition and cut down a "real" tree this year. We found a big tree farm close to our house and went on a hunt for the perfect tree last week. We tromped through acres of trees looking for the perfect one. I wanted a tall noble and we let the kids pick the actual tree. They finally found one after 45 minutes of searching. Tyler tagged it with our name and then he and Morgan decorated it with polka dot ribbon. We get to go back after Thanksgiving and cut it down....they can hardly wait! I am excited about our new tradition and can't wait to smell fresh pine in the house.





2 comments:

Cathie said...

WOW - this looks so fun and exciting. What a great new family tradition. Tell me more about when you went to the tree farm. I love the pictures. Can't wait to see that tree all lit up and decorated in silver in your pretty new home (with a present for Grandma underneath it, of course!!! ; )

Just Tera said...

You wouldn't believe how homesick your blog makes me. Oh to see pine trees growing freely again!