Well, I've been reluctant for this day to come, but it is here and Tyler is at school for a full day! He started 1st grade today at Firgrove Elementary. He is in a family co-op 1/2 split class with a wonderful teacher who has been voted teacher of the year in the Puyallup School District for the past 4 years. I think he is going to have a great year and is going to get to do alot of neat things. We waited at the bus stop this morning and Tyler was brave and got on the bus with all of the big kids. I followed the bus just to make sure my baby got there and of course he did. It will be a nerve racking day for me waiting for him to return on the bus safe and happy!
Our big first grader on his first day of school!








3 comments:
I swear first day of school is harder on moms than it ever is on the kids. Be strong by Christmas vacation you'll be counting the days till school starts up again ;) .
It's hard on Grandma's too...I cried just looking at the pictures.
Also...I remember the first day of school for Tiffany - I sat on the front lawn most of the day talking to the other "first grade moms". We cried, reminisced about how fast our little ones had grown, and just waited for their little faces to appear around the fence safe and sound! There's no other day that compares with the first day of school. But we all get through it with a little help from our friends.
Post a Comment