We had a simple, but powerful faithbuilding experience today that I wanted to share. Tyler is finally feeling a bit better today and both kids were dying to get out of the house, so I promised to take them to lunch and putt putt golfing today. We were all ready to walk out the door, but I couldn't find my keys. No surprise since that is a typical day for me...looking for my keys. I'm terrible about leaving them places, but I usually find them fairly quickly. Well, today wasn't so lucky. We tore the house apart, looked in the car, garage and yard, called and had Jesse look in his pockets and truck, but after 2 hours we just couldn't find them anywhere. I thought to myself that it wouldn't hurt to say a prayer for help and asked the kids if they wanted to say a prayer with me. Tyler said he had already prayed 3 times about it by himself and then I said one of my own. A few minutes later, after telling two disappointed kids that we probably weren't going to be able to go anywhere today, I was sitting nursing Ryan and was trying to think of where my stupid key could be. It all of a sudden popped into my head to look on the hood of my car. Then I thought "why would they be there?", but I sent Tyler out to look anyway. He came racing back in with a huge smile and my keys jingling in his hand. A simple but powerful faithbuilding experience for me, but especially for my little kids. I am so thankful for simple blessings and I hope this experience will stay with Tyler & Morgan and help build their trust and faith in their Heavenly Father and remind them that they can pray for help. Well, we are off to the golf course now......
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Keys Found
Posted by Tiffany at 12:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
That is a simple but beautiful story. Thanks for sharing it. It is a lesson for me too.
Wonderful how one person's testimony can affect another's so much. Thanks, Tiff, for sharing this today...and for teaching your children the power of prayer.
Tiffany,i'm glad to hear that you relied on prayer in a time of frustration.Great that you all learned a basic truth.( More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams) Not sure where that quote comes from, but it's true.
Love you
You are such a great mom!! What a great teaching moment. I am impressed Tyler had already been praying before you suggested. He is a great little man.
Post a Comment